About El Taco
The original owners of El Taco were Charley Toogood and Harland Svare--pro football players with the Los Angeles Rams, Phil Crosby (Bing's son), and Glen Bell of Taco Bell. With the driving force of Glen Bell's business acumen along with their fortuitous partnerships, this all-star team's passion for Mexican food and culture led them to open El Taco in 1958. An explosion of Taco -consumption ensued on the scene in Southern California that continues to pervade the fabric of SoCal Mexi-Cali culture today. El Taco serves as a historical reminder of SoCal's Taco Inheritance, established by a few passionate men that loved good food.
The humble yet tenacious staple of Socal that is El Taco has remained a steadfast favorite to local families for generations, with its last original remaining stores located on Firestone and Florence in Downey, Anaheim and San Pedro, California. We have strived to keep true to El Taco's original vision of delivering delicious food with the freshest ingredients without compromising quality, ever. It is our joy to be able to continue serving our delicious food for generations of families to come.